My friend, Sheryl R. Hayes, reminded me it’s that time of the year again. At the start of the year, I wrote down some writing goals for 2014. It’s time to look at what I wanted to accomplish and what I actually did.
1. See THE MATING GAME published and promoted. Check
2. BATTLE CRY, book 3 in my Loki’s Wolves series, is complete. The next step is to polish, obtain feedback from beta readers, polish again, editing, editing, and more editing. Publish and promote. Check
3. Write and submit three short erotica stories to become part of THE MATING GAME series. No check. I currently have one novella about half done.
4. Complete the first draft of TRICKSTER, book 4 of my Loki’s Wolves series. Nope.
5. Finish HELL ON HIGH HEELS and submit to an agent. Nope.
Looking at this, I feel like I went astray from my plan. Indeed, I did. There were things I worked on not on the list such as Viking Love Slave and also the revised version of The Child Thief which has been expanded to a 30K novella and retitled Valkyrie’s Vengeance. The revisions to Battle Cry were much more involved than I’d anticipated.
Things happened in 2014 that weren’t on my list, including republishing A Cat’s Tale under my own Nordic Lights label and also having it made into an audio book. (In processing now to release to retail).
In a couple days, I intend to compile a new set of 2015 writing goals. More to come.